I was excited to create this app since I knew it would be one I would use and someday have my children use…maybe. There were many complex parts, but nothing that was too difficult for me. The biggest issues I had was spelling things correctly in the text boxes. My modifying response button would work while the app was open but once closed, the original response came back. I couldn’t figure out why it wasn’t working correctly until I checked, for the tenth time, and found a spelling error that was stopping this part of the app from working.
This app includes a location finder. It is a really neat idea, however I feel like the app will say “unknown location” more times then actually giving the correct location. Because of this hunch, I decided to leave this part of the app out. I would say it was part of my modification to the application. I originally included it, and it did work. My husband told me it worked. When my response came back to him it told him I was in an unknown location. That was the straw that broke the camels back. I chose to remove this part of the programming from the final application.
I like my finished product! I will keep this on my phone and use it while driving. I think it is a needed app that everyone should have on their phones. Here is the working QR code if you want to give it a try!
One issue I’m still struggling with is getting the apk file to upload into my Google docs. For some reason, every week I still feel like I’m doing it for the first time and it never works the same way each week. I don’t get why it is so difficult for me, but it is my largest stumbling block in this class. Hopefully I’ll catch on my next week. I’m sick of wondering around different programs just to finish up my project for the week.